There are so many kinds of books published about living with Autism, written by individuals living with Autism themselves to professionals who work with this population. Down below is a list of books I recommend reading, based on what I have read throughout the years. I reread these books because I love them so much, and they remind me about myself:
- Different, Not Less: Ultimate Success Stories from People with Autism and Asperger’s by Temple Grandin, Tony Attwood (Foreword)
- Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin
- The Girl Who Thought in Pictures: The Story of Dr. Temple Grandin by Julia Finley Mosca
- Carly’s Voice: Breaking Through Autism by Arthur Fleischmann and Carly Fleischmann
- The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida
- Autistic Me by Amanda Hochfelder-Santi
All of these stories share the message of being accepted as individuals like everyone else, while they all still face challenges and triumphs in their lives. If you want to check out more stories about Autism, there are more recommended readings about Autism on my blog page, “Books about Autism”.